At Melamed Academy, students learn handwriting skills for both block and cursive letters, beginning in Kindergarten. Students receive handwriting practice books, and handwriting lessons are included in assignments across subject areas.
- Exits and entries
- Joining letters to form words
- Joining cursive letters
- Pencil grip
- Paper position
- Spot correction of errors
- Peer reviews for legibility
- Series teaching students how to legibly write manuscript letters, numerals, words, and sentences.
- Easy step-by-step instruction and self-evaluation.
- Modeling specific skills with selected stories and texts using those skills.
- Meaningful practice and application.
- Colorful, fun activities.
- Improving speed writing
- Familiarity with high-frequency words
- Content word groups, such as: Days of Week, Months, Titles, Cities & States