Writing – Handwriting
At Melamed Academy, students learn handwriting skills for both block and cursive letters, beginning in Kindergarten. Students receive handwriting practice books, and handwriting lessons are included in assignments across subject areas.
- Exits and entries
- Joining letters to form words
- Joining cursive letters
- Pencil grip
- Paper position
- Spot correction of errors
- Peer reviews for legibility
- Series teaching students how to legibly write manuscript letters, numerals, words, and sentences.
- Easy step-by-step instruction and self-evaluation.
- Modeling specific skills with selected stories and texts using those skills.
- Meaningful practice and application.
- Colorful, fun activities.
- Improving speed writing
- Familiarity with high-frequency words
- Content word groups, such as: Days of Week, Months, Titles, Cities & States