Proficiency in English Language Arts is crucial to a student’s success in all subject areas.
Remediation courses improve skills in specific subject areas to advance learners to the appropriate curriculum level for credit bearing course readiness. Each course consists of a series of assessments and prescribes curriculum based on each assessment to determine the level a student needs to reach and help guide and support them to success.
Students receive a placement test upon entering this course. Based on the student’s score, the system prescribes him/her with a customized set of lessons that begin at the point of his/her prior knowledge and skills. The student then continues until reaching the skills necessary for his target grade level.
This program is also utilized by students wishing to skip a grade, or English Language Learners.
Advantages of Melamed Academy’s Remedial Programs:
- Superior academic resources from leading curricular companies
- Emphasis on building lifelong academic habits
- Positive reinforcement and surprises foster motivation
- Use in school or at home, 24-hour access
- Can replace a tutor, supplement tutoring sessions, or be used by a tutor
- Self-paced learning
- Pretests gauge the student’s level for every skill – no more guesswork!
- Customized instruction can be reviewed as needed and viewed at the student’s pace
- Interactive practice with feedback
- No more frustration – programs will give hints!
- IEP Implementation
- Suitable for audio learners, and for English Language Learners
- Visual interface – no small text
- Designed with teens in mind
- Vocabulary building activities and games
- Grammar lessons with games
- Proofreading assignments ask students to catch the errors
- Spelling lessons with games
- Reading assignments with fun books at the student’s level
- Guided reading with strategy pointers for building comprehension
- Books are read aloud, while words are highlighted so students can quickly advance to higher levels
- Enticing reading libraries with built-in incentive program spurs a love of reading
- Libraries with full-color informational texts in magazine style advance the student’s general knowledge of science and social studies