Remedial ELL – Middle School
English Language Learners face challenges in all subjects, due to their unfamiliarity with English alphabet, grammar, and vocabulary.
Remediation courses improve skills in specific areas – such as vocabulary, sentence structure, and idioms – to advance learners to the appropriate curriculum level for credit bearing course readiness. Each course consists of a series of assessments and prescribes curriculum based on each assessment to determine the level a student needs to reach and help guide and support them to success.
Interesting reading selections, audio read aloud, games, and a built-in incentive program encourage students to persevere and enjoy their learning process.
Advantages of Melamed Academy’s Remedial Programs:
- Superior academic resources from leading curricular companies
- Emphasis on quickly learning key reading techniques and language conventions
- Positive reinforcement and incentives foster motivation
- Use in school or at home, 24-hour access
- Can replace a tutor, supplement tutoring sessions, or be used by a tutor
- Self-paced learning
- Pretests gauge the student’s level for every skill – no more guesswork!
- Customized instruction can be reviewed as needed and viewed at the student’s pace
- Interactive practice with feedback
- IEP Implementation
- Suitable for audio learners, and for English Language Learners
- Visual interface – no small text
- Designed with teens in mind
- Vocabulary building activities and games
- Grammar lessons with games
- Spelling lessons with games
- Reading assignments with fun books at the student’s level
- Guided reading with strategy pointers for building comprehension
- Books are read aloud, while words are highlighted so students can quickly advance to higher levels
- Enticing reading libraries with built-in incentive program spurs a love of reading
- Libraries with full-color informational texts in magazine style advance the student’s general knowledge of science and social studies