Probability & Statistics
In the single semester course, the science of probability and mathematical calculations of statistics are studied. Students learn to calculate, understand, and represent data relating to the odds of occurences.
Upon completing the course, students are competent to:
• Summarize, represent, and interpret data on a single count or measurement variable.
• Summarize, represent, and interpret data on two categorical and quantitative variables.
• Interpret linear models.
• Understand independence and conditional probability and use them to interpret data.
• Use the rules of probability to compute probabilities of compound events in a uniform
• Use probability to evaluate outcomes of decisions.
• Understand and evaluate random processes underlying statistical experiments.
• Make inferences and justify conclusions from sample surveys, experiments, and
• Calculate expected values and use them to solve problems.
Prerequiste: Algebra I