Students cover topics on a weekly basis, according to grade level and musical background.
The goal of the course is to familiarize the students with music fundamentals and allow a creative venue for self expression.
Every week, students learn new songs and acquire musical knowledge.
- Reading and writing music
- Identifying rhythms and tunes from music notation
- Understanding musical styles
- History of musical instruments and recording devices
- Music of Dovid Hamelech and the Beis Hamikdash
- Introduction to flute music
- Introduction to piano music
- Introduction to guitar music
- Introduction to percussion instruments
- Learning how music is composed and recorded
- Matching words to a tune
- Dramatizing songs, stories, and poems
- Recording students’ original compositions with audio recording tools
- Writing students’ original compositions with musical notation
- Composing songs as learning aids
- Students learn new songs every week, connected to the weekly parsha or Torah units
- Students learn about harmony and vocal styles
- Students record their singing with digital recording devices
Music as a Tool
- Understanding how music affects mood
- Identifying tunes as fast/slow, happy/sad
- Using music as a mnemonic device for remembering facts
- How music affects the neshamah
- Tefillah tunes
- Learning safe and responsible use of music equipment
- Respecting copyright and royalty requirements when using works of others
- Learning names and groups of instruments
- Learning names of musical notes
- Understanding musical terms such as rhythm, tone, pitch, tempo
There are no reviews yet.