US Presidential Award for Academic Achievement
Melamed Academy is proud to partner with the U.S. Department of Education in recognizing our students’ outstanding educational achievement by awarding students for their growth and effort in their academic subjects.
President’s Award for Educational Achievement
This award recognizes students that show outstanding educational growth, improvement, commitment or intellectual development in their academic subjects but do not meet the criteria for the Educational Excellence Award. Its purpose is to encourage and reward students who give their best effort, often in the face of special obstacles.
The following are examples of criteria for which the President’s Award for Educational Achievement may be presented:
- Show tremendous growth but did not meet all the criteria for the President’s Award for Educational Excellence.
- Demonstrate unusual commitment to learning in academics despite various obstacles.
- Maintain a school record that would have met the school’s selection criteria for the President’s Award for Educational Excellence but illness, personal crisis, or special needs prevented the student from maintaining such high standards despite hard work.
- Achieve high scores or show outstanding growth, improvement, commitment or intellectual development in particular subjects, such as English, math, science, etc.
- Demonstrate achievement in the arts such as music or theater.
- CATEGORY Awards